Arkansas Badge Pickup and Q&A
June 20, 2022 4pm til 6pm
June 20, 2022 4pm til 6pm
NLSC Shipping Information
The contestant, on-site advisor's name and cell phone number must be attached to the shipment. The information can be placed in an envelope and attached to the load.
Chapter Display – Shipping Instructions to GWCC
NO deliveries will be accepted before June 16. All deliveries to GWCC must be scheduled on or after June 16. GWCC will not unload any deliveries arriving before June 16 and schools will be responsible for any charges associated with the early deliver efforts.
Chapter Display – Return Shipping Instructions
All return shipping arrangements are the responsibility of the school or advisor. Any items left on the contest floor the afternoon of Friday, June 24 will be considered unwanted and placed in a dumpster as scrap. Manual pallet jacks and a freight elevator will be available to transfer the ship-ready items down from the Thomas Murphy Ballroom to the ground level. Once transferred to the ground level of Hall B, SkillsUSA will load the freight into the carrier that the school has arranged.
Schools must schedule return shipping with their preferred carrier for pick up on Friday, June 24. Any freight remaining at the GWCC after June 24 will be considered scrap and placed in a dumpster
All shipments must be a package that is wrapped and ready for shipment with a Bill of Lading completed and attached to freight. A sample or fillable PDF version can be found here. Also provided for your convenience is YRC’s Basic Guide to Shipping Freight | YRC Freight.
All shipments to the 2022 NLSC should be addressed to:
Georgia World Congress Center (GWCC)
Attn: SkillsUSA Championships, Darren Gibson
Hall B, Contest Name
285 Andrew Young International Blvd. NW
Atlanta, GA 30313
Helping Your Students Prepare for the NLSC
The National Leadership & Skills Conference is a week-long event full of rewarding experiences that student members will talk about for years. Helping students prepare is important as there are dress requirements and multiple events throughout the week. Here is a list of reminders that will help.
- Download the SkillsUSA NLSC 2022 app: Download Instructions
- Review the full SkillsUSA NLSC schedule: Download Schedule
- Download and review the conference attire by day: Conference Attire
- Bring cellphone and phone charger. Put your SkillsUSA advisor’s cellphone number in your contacts
- Bring identification (student ID, driver’s license or passport)
- Bring extra cash or a credit or debit card for emergencies, food, shopping or SkillsUSA souvenirs. (Please note that the GWCC and State Farm Arena are cashless facilities and accept all major debit cards, credit cards, Apple Pay and Visa Pay.)
- Toiletries (including deodorant, razors, toothbrush, shampoo/conditioner)
- Comfortable shoes and dress shoes
- Contest uniform
- Contest equipment (if applicable)
- Official SkillsUSA attire (if applicable)
- Casual clothes
- Refillable water bottle
- Backpack (take note of where and when carrying a backpack will not be allowed.)